Saturday, November 20, 2010

HR Dilemma

Fake-project-managers,wannabe-programmers etc. blah-blah-blah they’re called
HR Dilemma.

In the murky past (college-days) one of my first-machine-problems (programming-lessons) was to program the fibonacci number sequence, which was quite mind-boggling. For me personally tests kill me, whether it is an IQ test or a ‘programming-exam’ (you can imagine how my college experience must have been).

I’m not an expert, but i wouldn’t call myself a total newbie. I’ve learned a lot and I have to agree with Jett Atwood who said:

“I am disturbed and appalled that any so-called
programmer would apply for a job without being able to
write the simplest of programs “.

I do not patronize certification (like java certification, zend etc).
I prefer the real-stuff I think to solve the issue of prankster-applicants (con-artists) even those who are applying for top level positions should take practical
exams to spare the HR-Dilemma . =P padded resumes — they all suck!

To end this rants, here’s a quote from john kegel:


“A surprisingly large fraction of applicants, even those with masters’
degrees and PhDs in computer science, fail during interviews when asked to
carry out basic programming tasks”

There’s just too many con-artists in this planet. tsk tsk.


0 comments:

Post a Comment